Fragrant herbs tucked under rugs and pillowcases will scent your rooms for the holidays. Try rosemary, lavender, or lemon thyme.
- Winter Solstice was December 21st. Shortest day of the year (felt like the longest with this cold weather...).
- December moon is called "Full Cold Moon" (and that fits!)
- If the sun shines through the apple tree on Christmas day, there will be an abundant crop next year.
- To control fungus gnats on houseplants, avoid overwatering. Trap adults by placing a small bowl of apple cider vinegar next to pot. Put plastic wrap with small holes over the bowl to trap the gnats.
- To keep cut flowers fresh, add a drop of bleach or hydrogen peroxide to the vase water. This kills the bacteria in the water that plants normally take up when 'drinking', thus prolonging their bloom life.
- A snowy farewell to 2022 is predicted.