Did you know that that ASPCA has a comprehensive list of plants and flowers that are toxic or poisonous to our pets?
The list contains plants that have been reported as having systemic effects on animals and/or intense effects on the gastrointestinal tract. The list is a compilation of the most frequently encountered plants and isn't a fully comprehensive list of every plant out there.
Please be advised that the consumption of any plant material may cause vomiting and gastrointestinal upset for dogs and cats. Plants listed as either non-toxic, or potentially toxic with mild GI upset as their symptoms are not expected to be life-threatening to your pets.
The image above shows a dog eating cherries. The flesh of a cherry is safe for dogs to eat. Cherries contain vitamins A and C, fiber and antioxidants, which are good for dogs. However, the cherry pit, stem and leaves all contain cyanide. This is toxic to dogs if ingested in large enough quantities.
Here's the link to the ASPCA Poisonous and Toxic Plants Search Engine