Here are our ideas for Mom's who love to garden:
- A pair of well-designed gardening gloves. Every gardener appreciates a nice pair of gloves, especially those that are quality-made and comfortable. Here are some of the best gloves out there. And here are fancy leather gardening gloves to consider.
- Flowering plants - instead of purchasing a bouquet of flowers, give her something to plant like a beautiful rose bush, a few peony plants, summer flowering bulbs (gladiolas and dahlias (shown above) are always a good pick), or a few packets of seeds tied with a pretty ribbon. If you're unsure what she might like, get her a gift certificate to the local nursery (see Resources page for nurseries in our area).
- Garden clogs - Mom's usually garden in old tennis shoes, but once they've tried a great pair of garden clogs they'll never go back. Hunter makes a pair that will last Mom for years and are easy to slip in and out of and rinse off.
- Spring-flowers Door Mat - we can all use a fresh door mat after a long snowy winter. This doormat has pretty spring flowers and will last throughout spring and summer. And it's currently on sale for $10.
- Garden Journal - it's fun and valuable to keep track of what was planted when in the garden and to note performance so that in a subsequent year we don't repeat mistakes and can take advantage of doing again what worked well. Keeping track of that information can be tedious, and that's where garden journals come in handy. Etsy is filled with ideas for garden journals - from downloadable PDF printables starting at $2 to pricier leather-bound styles.
- Garden Area Redo - if she's been struggling with an area of the garden year after year, maybe it's time to hire a landscape designer to address the problems and help Mom see the opportunities for what will flourish in that area. Local nurseries are happy to recommend their trusted landscape designer who can provide you with a gift certificate for Mom. Quite a surprise this will be!
- Artist's rendition of her garden - Mom's who are really into their gardens would love a watercolor or colored-pencil drawing of their happy place to see framed and hanging in the home. Put a request on Nextdoor in your area to see if any artists out there might do this for you and surprise her with the ultimate gift for the gardener!
Happy Mother's Day lovelies!